Saturday, January 20, 2024

Stella’s Modern Pantry


What a hidden gem located just off the square in Ocala.  This place so over delivers on every level of product, wine, food and ambiance.  It’s just hard to find a flaw  in Stella’s.  First you have the store as a whole.  With its upscale wine and cheese, the specialty products on the shelves.  Then the cheeses and the desserts in the cold case.  Everyone just a special as the next. 

 

The wife and I dropped in for lunch this week.  We were greeted right away by George a stple in Stella’s for quite some time. Always a smile and always making sure your experience is to your liking.  As we looked at the lunch offering a glass of Rose was in order.  We choose the Chateau Barbebelle what a great choice.  More about the wine HERE.

Our lunch choices flat-breads her the artichoke and sun dried tomato me the Chorizo sausage and egg.  As I sat there enjoying my Rose the wife made a run through the store.  Always returning with something either funny or interesting she had a blast. As did I! The flat-breads arrived.  My Chorizo piping hot and wonderful, spicy and hot with added heirloom cherry tomatoes fontina cheese and arugula on a crust so thin it almost wasn’t there, my favorite. (So sorry no pictures. I was starving) The Artichoke and Sundried tomato on the same crust fillings all the way to the edge of the flatbread Also had Greek olives and Parmesan cheese just a great combination.

The size of these flat-breads was impressive.  Neither of us could finish ours.  So we took them home and used them as Appetizers later that night and everyone enjoyed them.

I highly recommend Stella’s Modern Pantry.  It’s a great place to spend a lazy afternoon of noshing and sipping wonderful wine.  Hope to see you there soon

Bon Appetit,

Chez Bubba

 

Stella’s Modern Pantry

20 SW Broadway St, Ocala, FL 34471

(352) 622-3663

Tuesday – Saturday 9AM – 7PM

Closed Sunday and Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

1921 Mount Dora

  My goodness where do I begin, this is a restaurant in Mount Dora.  One of the best walking around towns I’ve ever been in.  The downtown a...