Monday, March 4, 2024

Great Chicago Fire Brewery and Taproom

 

I have been going to this place for years.  The wife and I went last week and it made me think I hadn’t le you know about this place.  It’s a homey place, one server working the floor, one guy working in the kitchen.  And a place when you walk in if you’re regular enough everyone says hello.. Kind ‘a Cheers like.  However, what I really like is that even if they do not know your name they take great care of you.  There are three things on the menu that are just crazy good.

The Slaw dog is amazing.  I have been a slaw dog fan since the first one I had way back when I was maybe 10 years old.  This one does not disappoint hot steaming dog, covered in sweet tangy coleslaw soft fresh bun also steamed.  Just exactly what it should be highly recommend it.

The Chicago Italian Beef.  This is the sleeper on the menu.  Shaved prime rib mounded on a fresh roll with Au Jus that is drinkable!  Add Cheese if you like but why?  What a treat and prepare to loosen your belt.  It’s a big sandwich.  Also highly recommend.

Now it’s about to get controversial the Pizza.  And we are not talking the deep pan pizza Chicago is known for, this is a 12 inch cracker thin crust with all the topping you can pile on.  Every pizza is a personal pizza.  They encourage you to create your own and it’s the bomb.  I love thin crus pizza.  I recommend the sausage peperoni with spicy giardiniera peppers.  It is just heavenly.  And again plenty for two.

I am not a beer person so I can say much about the craft beers.  But if your there, there is always numerous tables with beer on them and plenty of smiles.

I highly recommend you seek this small place out on Magnolia street in Leesburg.  They do not disappoint!!

Bon Appetite,

Chez Bubba

 

Great Chicago Brewery and Taproom

 311 W. Magnolia in Leesburg, Florida

(352) 474-BREW (2739)

No comments:

Post a Comment

1921 Mount Dora

  My goodness where do I begin, this is a restaurant in Mount Dora.  One of the best walking around towns I’ve ever been in.  The downtown a...