Monday, December 11, 2023

Coastal Del Mar


Last night we when to Spanish Springs to hear The Clark Barrious Band, he is one of our favorites to listen to.  If you aren’t from the Villages I will explain a bit.  Here in the Villages we have 3 town Squares where there is free live music every night of the year.  The music is from 5 -9 pm and there are bars around and people dance and just have a blast. 

So after we sat for a while we decided to have dinner.  We choose Coastal Del Mar a FMK group restaurant that has numerous restaurants in the Villages.  It is a seafood focused one and we have always enjoyed it in the past.

We walk in no reservation, I’m not sure I’s recommend that however it worked for us last night as we were sat down when we walked in.  Once inside we were greeted an offered drinks.  We choose a Manhattan for me and a martini for her.  Both drinks arrived timely and made correctly.

We decided on Fried Oysters as an appetizer and settled in to enjoy the cocktails’.  The oysters arrived fried to perfection crispy on the outside and nice and juicy on the inside.  Two sauces remolaude and cocktail sauce provided.  They were quite nice we both enjoyed them very much.

Entrees were grilled Salmon with Creamed Spinach and asparagus for me.  For her salmon Sushi roll.  The salmon arrived cooked to order and for me that’s medium rare spinach nice creamy and hot asparagus grilled al dente. Her sushi roll she said was very good with all the expected additions of ginger and wasabi even chopsticks.  She really enjoyed it.

I would highly recommend Coastal Del Mar for your dining pleasure.  Hopefully your experience will be as good as ours.

Cheers

Big Mike

Coastal Del Mar

990 Del Mar Dr.

The Villages, FL 32159

(352) 268-3701

No comments:

Post a Comment

1921 Mount Dora

  My goodness where do I begin, this is a restaurant in Mount Dora.  One of the best walking around towns I’ve ever been in.  The downtown a...